Blogging for money can be an incredibly lucrative business. Below are some of the platforms and opportunities that will help you make money off your blog.
This recommendations sheet has what i feel are the best resources for bloggers.
These are the websites and products I use and love!
- Bluehost: Bluehost is a hosting company that you can use on WordPress.org. They offer some of the lowest rates for hosting at just $3.95/month. You also can get your domain name free for the first year when you use this coupon link. here
- SiteGround: SiteGround is one of my favorite hosts. They are slightly more expensive than Bluehost coming in at $3.95/month, but they have incredibly responsive customer service. I’ve always had a positive experience working with SiteGround. Sign up for site ground here
HOW TO BUILD A BLOG
To build your blog the two main things that you need are a WordPress theme and a page builder. There are free and premium versions of each of these. I personally recommend starting with the free versions of Astra and Elementor.
You will need to upgrade to a paid theme as your blog grows.
If you are serious about growing your blog and business,
Investing in the Divi theme is definitely worth it .
The purchase also gives you access to other beautiful themes in the library too!
WEBSITE PAGE BUILDER
- Elementor: Elementor is a great free tool that can help you build gorgeous pages with so much ease. My blog pages and home page was built with elementor.
They have a free version or you can upgrade to their pro version for $49 a year.
AFFILIATE MARKETING NETWORKS
Pinterest is the best platform to get traffic to your blog as a beginner blogger and Tailwind is the Best Pinterest scheduling Tool.
Tailwind takes away the hassle of manually scheduling pins.
The best part is when you sign up you can schedule 100 pins for free.
This way you are able to try out all tailwind’s features to be sure it is a right fit for you.
Tailwind has absolutely given me more time to focus on writing.
BUILD AN EMAIL LIST
Build an e-course for monetization
- Teachable: Teachable is the platform you use to sell and host online courses. They handle the sales page, hosting the content, collecting payments, your affiliate program and more! GET STARTED WITH TEACHABLE HERE
- Grammarly – is the tool I use to edit my blog posts. It’s the best proofreading tool I have ever come across and it is worth your while to sign up for it.
- Blogging is all about writing and Grammarly has been a HUGE help on this front!
- They offer a free version which works amazing. It corrects spelling mistakes, punctuation placements and grammar and works on all web based programs (word press, facebook, twitter etc) as well as word documents and emails.
- No matter how good your writing skills are, this tool comes in very handy. GET STARTED WITH GRAMMARLY HERE
photo editing tools
Canva is one of the most popular photo editing programs with bloggers because it is so easy to use. Canva is free, although power users may wish to upgrade to the subscription-based Canva for Work version, which costs $12.95 per month.
Canva also has the best stock photos that you could use for your blog .
PicMonkey is a fantastic photo editing and design tool that is quite easy for beginners to learn and use.
The basic edition of PicMonkey is free, or you can upgrade to the premium version that includes more features $4.99 per month (or less if you pre-pay for a year)